Friday, August 22, 2008
18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20At once they left their nets and followed him.
Jesus say's follow me and I will make you Fisher's of Men. All of us that are saved are now Fishermen & Fisherwomen. When is the last time you went fishing? Not long ago, I was going down the road in my truck and was praying and I said to the Lord, "Lord you said you have made me a fisherman, I want to go fishing today."
The Lord answered me and said "I will send you the fish, but you have to know what bait to use." While I was making a delivery at a Walmart Store, I was filling there oil tanks the manager was standing there, the Lord spoke to me and said here is your fish. I asked him Lord how Can I catch him? What bait should I use? The Lord said to me "Wait and you will see." As I was watching him he pulled a cigarette out of his top pocket. While he was lighting it, I noticed something on his forearm was a tattoo of a giant cross immediately God spoke to me and said there is your bait. I said to the man WOW you must really Love Jesus, dumb founded he said to me, Why do you say that? I said, you must Love Jesus to go through that much pain to put the cross on your arm. I told him I don't know if I could do that. He stamered and said, Yes I Love the Lord. The fish had taken the bait. Then in order to set the hook I then asked him where did he go to church? He put his head down and said he wasn't worthy to go to Church, that he would not fit in with the Church people. At that time I knew I had me a fish. A good Fish, and so I started to reel him in. I told him the Gospel Message, and how Jesus died for someone just like him. He said, He never had someone explain it so simple to him. He started to cry. It was now time to bring the fish in the boat. I asked him if he would like to receive Jesus Christ in his heart, he said yes. And I lead him in the sinners prayer.
Prices aren't the only thing falling at Walmart. People say it's too hard to witness. Witnessing is not hard. See you just have to Love to fish. God supplies the fish and the bait to make the catch.
So, I ask you when is the last time YOU went fishing? For that matter, it's time I go fishing again too.
I know this is a message that you need to catch, As I was writing this post the electric went out, and I just knew I had lost what work I already inputed. But because our God is so Good, when the power came back on and I signed back up it was saved as draft... Praise God!
Blessings to All ********* Remember Happy Fishing, don't let the big one get away!
Friday, August 15, 2008
As I watched this video I couldn't help but to think about Mary, the mother of Jesus and also to think about mother's in general. How hard must it had been for this mom to give up her son. Even though everything that was told too her by God, still this was her child. She cared him for 9mths delivered him and then raised him, until he became a man. There's no greater Love than the love a parent has for there child.
This must of been hard for Mary considering that the bible doesn't mention Joseph her husband, after Jesus was teaching in the temple as a child. Joseph must of passed away making Mary a single mom. Mary started to struggled with the fact that it was her son that had to be sacrificed.
28Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother[a] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.
How hard it is to give up what we love. But in Mary's case she already had the promise from God. She only had to keep her faith in what God had told her. If it would of been up to Mary, Jesus would of never made to the cross. Because her Love for him was so great. This was her son. We could say the same for God, how great is his love for us, that he gave up the one thing that he loved the most, his Son.
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
- Sheep need a shepherd, or they will get lost.
- Sheep are gentle, but not that smart. They easily get into trouble on there own.
- They are timid and fearful.
- Cannot defend themselves, they have no sharp teeth, no way to hide, and they cannot run fast.
- If sheep cannot find grass they will wonder, not thinking of the dangers that are awaiting them.
- They will put them selves into postions that will require them to be rescued or they will die.
- Sheep do not do well alone, they need to be in flocks.
- Wolves and Lions hunt them to kill and destroy them.
- Sheep cannot be driven like cattle they must be led.
- Sheep need a shepherd to follow and to protect them John 10; 11-16
- A shepherd will lay his life down for the sheep, he watches over them day & night and he never leaves them alone.
- He knows his sheep and they know him.
- Two shepherds can mix there flock together, hundreds of them, the shepherds can call out to the sheep and they will hear and seperate and each one will follow his shepherd, because they know him.
- If it is storming or storms come the shepherd hides the sheep in a cave, and guards the front of it.
- A shepherd will temporaily leave his flock if one gets lost to find it. Luke 15; 4-7
- Sheep are often put in a pen with no gate, because the shepherd is the gate and he guards them with his staff. John 10;1-9
- Sheep when they have been lead to green pastures will eat untill they are full and then lay down and rest in the fullness of the shepherds goodness and grace.
- Have you trusted the good shepherd to lead you to a life of peace?do you know him does he know you?
What the Lord is saying to us here in Psalms 23 and in so many other scriptures in his word, is that we need a shepherd to lead us, through this life. Even though we think we can do it on our own, like so many sheep do, we soon find our selves lost and in trouble, and in need of a rescuer.
He desires to bless us and to lead us to green pastures, where we can be full and rest. He also desires to take us to the still waters, so that we can drink in his goodness. When the storms come, he desires to shelter us. He guards us with his staff, when the enemy approaches and desires to devour us.
The good shepherd never leaves us nor forsakes us. And he never stops seeking those sheep that are lost. He says that he knows his sheep and they know him. and that we do not do well alone. we need a flock that is why it is important to get together with other sheep. church! Thank You Lord, that you choose to sacrifice yourself and lead us into a life peace and happiness.